Digital Design Director | New York, NY
mobile: (646) 541-0383 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org | url: www.FloLau.com
Over 10 years of experience in digital marketing, conversions, UI/UX, products, and sales. Creative leader, designer, marketer. Proven success to lead and mentor teams. Positive, self-motivated, articulate, diplomatic and dedicated.
- (Featured in GDUSA Magazine cover) American Inhouse Design Awards, GDUSA, 2018
- American Inhouse Design Awards, GDUSA, 2017
- Best Movie Poster Design, One Screen Film Festival Awards, 2017
- Team Work - Macy’s Make Magic Awards, 2015
- Drive Results - Macy's Make Magic Awards, 2013
- American Package Design Award - GDUSA, 2012
- Advertising Design Contest Grand Prize Award - Altec Lansing 2007
SHUTTERSTOCK, New York, NY | August 2015 - Present
Creative Lead | January 2017-Present
- Direct creative of company’s go-to-market campaigns of various products such as Adobe Creative Cloud Plugin and Shutterstock Editor.
- Review and analyze A/B test results data, drive creative concepts of media and CRM campaigns, oversee entire process from conception to completion.
- Successful creative aligned with business goals that converts, i.e. 30% conversion rate on Adobe Creative Cloud Plugin landing page and doubling click-through-rate of media direct buy displays.
- Build collaborative team culture. Hire and oversee a team of designers, copywriter and animators, managing workloads and creative process.
- Partner closely with leadership team, marketing strategists, product owners and engineers on all projects.
- Conceptualize and establish digital creative strategy for various successful events such as Pixel of Fury, AdWeek and NAB show.
- Received 2017 and 2018 GDUSA Inhouse Design Awards by leading and art directing the 2017 Creative Trends Infographic and 2018 Oscar Pop poster.
- Manage and review creative of international agencies for content localization as part of company-wide initiative.
Senior Digital Designer | August 2015-December 2016
- Art directed and implemented company's 2016 Creative Trends Infographic which led to 4.4K social shares in less than one month.
- Served as lead designer for company's blog redesign. Established blog user experience, created responsive wireframes and user interface visuals.
- Established customer segmentations for conversion landing pages and microsites, built responsive wireframes, implemented interactive design elements and created visuals.
- Collaborates closely with front end and back end developers on all projects, ensures all experiences and visuals work accordingly from start to finish.
- Art directs and mentors mid-level and junior designers.
MACY'S, New York, NY | Senior Digital Art Director | May 2012-August 2015
- Oversaw a team of 5 designers and copywriters, drove all marketing and user interface creatives for company's high-level loyalty campaigns.
- Initiated a brand new design strategy which led to a dramatic 60% year to year increase of “Thanks for Sharing” online enrollment.
- Drove 4 million “Plenti” enrollments in 3 weeks by leading online experience design of “Plenti” at Macy’s.
- Managed creative team’s daily operations and review process, collaborated with internal and external partners including American Express, Citibank and Razorfish.
- Refined creative process by advocating and implementing seamless collaboration with user experience designers and web developers.
- Received 2015 “Team Work” and 2013
“Drive Results” Make Magic Awards.
HAIER, New York, NY | Digital Designer | June 2010-May 2012
- Spearheaded elevation of Haier's online brand recognition by creating and managing all design materials for company website and social media pages.
- Attracted 6, 686 visits on launch day of redesigned company website.
- Conceptualized, created, and executed high-quality visual elements, such as logos, packaging, catalogs, and print/
CONSUMER DYNAMICS, New York, NY | Designer / Consultant | June 2009-February 2010
- Brainstormed with firm partners and marketing consultants to generate novel advertising campaigns and develop new products.
- Conceived an idea chosen by
PepsiCo for an upcoming new product at KFC.
COBY ELECTRONICS, Lake Success, NY | Graphic Designer | November 2008-April 2009
- Created trade show exhibit, packaging, and advertising designs for a wide variety of consumer electronic products.
- Designed all visual materials from design to print.
BINGHAMTON UNIVERSITY, Binghamton, NY | BFA Graphic Design May 2008
Software: Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, AfterEffects, Dreamweaver, iMovie, Omigraffle, Microsoft Office
Interactive Prototype: Axure, Invision
Content Platforms: Ceros, Sitecore, Bannerflow, Contentful
Front End Development: HTML5, CSS (basic experience)
Languages: Spoken and Written Cantonese and Chinese