Digital Design Director | New York, NY
mobile: (646) 541-0383 | email: firstname.lastname@example.org | url: www.FloLau.com
10 years of experience in digital design strategy, user experience, and design management. Passionate about clean and clever designs, positive, self-motivated, articulate, diplomatic and dedicated.
- Team Work - Macy’s Make Magic Awards, 2015
- Drive Results - Macy's Make Magic Awards, 2013
- American Package Design Award - Graphic Design USA Magazine, 2012
- Advertising Design Contest Grand Prize Award - Altec Lansing 2007
SHUTTERSTOCK, New York, NY | Art Director | January 2017-Present
Manage a team of designers and direct creative for company’s marketing campaigns such as product launch for Adobe Creative Cloud and Microsoft Powerpoint.
- Conceptualize and establish digital creative strategy for various successful events such as Pixel of Fury and NAB show.
New York, NY | Senior Digital Designer | August
- Art directed and implemented company's 2016 Creative Trends Infographics which led to 4.4K social shares in less than one month.
- Served as lead designer for company's blog redesign. Established blog user experience, created responsive wireframes and user interface visuals.
- Established customer segmentations for conversion landing pages and microsites, built responsive wireframes, implemented interactive design elements and created visuals.
- Collaborates closely with front end and back end developers on all projects, ensures all experiences and visuals work accordingly from start to finish.
- Art directs and mentors mid-level and junior designers.
MACY'S, New York, NY | Senior Digital Art Director/Senior Designer | May 2012-August 2015
- Oversaw a team of 5 designers and copywriters, drove all marketing and user interface creatives for company's high-level loyalty campaigns.
- Initiated a brand new design strategy which led to a dramatic 60% year to year increase of “Thanks for Sharing” online enrollment.
- Drove 4 million “Plenti” enrollments in 3 weeks by leading online experience design of “Plenti” at Macy’s.
- Managed creative team’s daily operations and review process, collaborated with internal and external partners including American Express, Citibank and Razorfish.
- Refined creative process by advocating and implementing seamless collaboration with user experience designers and web developers.
- Received 2015 “Team Work” and 2013 “Drive Results” Make Magic Awards.
HAIER, New York, NY | Graphic/Web Designer | June 2010-May 2012
- Spearheaded elevation of Haier's online brand recognition by creating and managing all design materials for company website and social media pages.
- Attracted 6, 686 visits on launch day of redesigned company website.
- Conceptualized, created, and executed high-quality visual elements, such as logos, packaging, catalogs, and print/ web advertisements.
CONSUMER DYNAMICS, New York, NY | Designer/ Junior Consultant | June 2009-February 2010
- Brainstormed with firm partners and marketing consultants to generate novel advertising campaigns and develop new products.
- Conceived an idea chosen by PepsiCo for an upcoming new product at KFC.
COBY ELECTRONICS, Lake Success, NY | Graphic Designer | November 2008-April 2009
- Created trade show exhibit, packaging, and advertising designs for a wide variety of consumer electronic products.
- Fashioning all visual materials from design to print.
BINGHAMTON UNIVERSITY, Binghamton, NY | BFA Graphic Design May 2008
Software: Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Flash, Dreamweaver, iMovie, Omigraffle, Microsoft Office
Interactive Prototype: Axure, Invision
Content Platforms: Ceros, Sitecore, Bannerflow
Front End Development: HTML5, CSS (basic experience)
Languages: Spoken and Written Cantonese and Chinese